Real Slate : Instructions for Use
- Make sure the surface on which the slates are to be stuck is clean and dry.
- Glue a thin 2mm strip of card or wood across the lower edge of your roof, this will allow the first row of slates to lay at the correct angle for the following rows.
- To help keep your rows level draw a pencil line across the roof where your first row of slates will lay. Then continue to draw lines right the way up the roof remembering to allow each row of slates to overlap by approx. half the length. E.g. If your slate is 40mm long you will need to allow about 20mm between each pencil line.
- Use a good quality PVA adhesive to fix the slates into position one row at a time. Using a full slate to start the odd numbered rows 1st, 3rd, 5th etc and a half slate to start even numbered rows 2nd, 4th, 6th etc.
- To cut Real Slate score both sides of the slate with a craft knife and then snap between your fingers, or use a junior hacksaw or tile pliers.
- Continue to lay your slates until your roof is completed. For the final finishing touches use our Ridge Tiles and Real Thin Rolled Lead.
For further information on this or any other product please contact us.
Telephone : 01243 533132 or Fax : 01243 538204 or Email : email@example.com